cWhois is a php function that can be used to check if a domain name is registered (or available) and also to retrieve details about the domain owner. cWhois works with over 400 domain extensions
such as .com .net .org .co.uk .de .eu com.hk .my etc. This makes it one of the most comprehensive whois utilities on the market. cWhois is simple to use and easy to incorporate into your pages. Perfect for web hosting and domain name sites.
For a limited time purchase cWhois and get cWhois Domain Cart free
- Easy to use php function call. More flexible than perl versions
- Simple to add to any page layout. No templates required
- Works with over 500 global and international domain extensions (see full list)
- Determines whether domain is registered or not
- Returns full domain registration information
- No external whois utility required as cWhois includes this built in
- Supports some domain registrars such as .fm without dedicated whois server
- Supports .eu (DAS and whois lookup)
- IDN support (accents) for com .net .de .ch .li .no .at .dk and .se
- Makes use of DAS if available to check for availability
- Easy to include only the extensions that you require or wish to support
- Add new domain extensions with just one line of text
- Simple to add to a shopping cart for domain names
- Doesn't matter if user types www or http://www as part of domain name
- Ideal for use by domain registration and web hosting companies
- Turing code (CAPTCHA) feature for security new feature
- Excellent manual and technical support
- Sample pages and easy to use form handler included new feature
- Regular updates (see version history)
Using cWhois with PHP
Using cWhois couldn't be easier. You can either call it as a PHP function from your own applications or use the included form handler to display results from your existing html pages.Here is a sample php call:-
$result=cWhois($domain, $extension, $details,$turing);
contains the domain to lookup such as yourdomain.com.
optionally contains the domain extension such as .com
is used to receive the returned registration details for the domain owner.
optional turing (CAPTCHA) code.
contains the functions return status:-
0=Domain is not registered and therefore should be available for registration.
1=Domain is registered. $details contains the registration details.
2=Domain extension not recognised or supported.
3=Domain name is not valid.
4=Security code (CAPTCHA) failed (if used)
5=Could not contact whois server to lookup domain.
Using cWhois with a form
As well as using cWhois within your own PHP application you can also use the included form handler to easily add domain checking to your website. Here is a simple example form that allows any supported domain type to be entered with results displayed in a popup. You can easily create similar forms with drop down menus, checkboxes, or multiple domain name entry using a text area control. We have used the optional CAPTCHA security code to stop abuse.
Download the manual to find out more?
Want to know more? Why not download the manual so that you can see how cWhois could be used on your site. We provide extensive documentation in PDF format for our products and not just a quick readme text file. Requires Adobe Reader.
cWhois works on most Linux or Windows servers whether shared or dedicated. Just check that the server has PHP 4 or PHP 5 installed (most do). We can recommend A2 Hosting
for use with our scripts but most hosting plans are fine. We advise clients to download and read the manual (see above) before purchasing.
cWhois costs just $29.95 (for use on one domain) and is available for immediate download after purchase. The purchase includes one year of free upgrades and support. Extra licenses are available at a discount of 50% (contact us for details). Please choose between the Paypal or 2checkout buy now buttons below.